Several emergency responders were awarded for outstanding service to their communities at The Colonnade in Ringgold, Georgia on March 16th during the 2017 Northwest Georgia Region 1 Emergency Medical Services (EMS) Council Awards Banquet.
The banquet is held each year to honor Emergency Medical Services providers and stakeholders from Bartow, Catoosa, Chattooga, Cherokee, Dade, Fannin, Floyd, Gilmer, Gordon, Haralson, Murray, Paulding, Pickens, Polk, Walker and Whitfield Counties for excellence in pre-hospital care, education, pioneering and special achievements.
The 2017 Northwest Georgia Region 1 EMS Awards were presented as follows:
- SPECIAL RECOGNITION: Air Medical Personnel
- EMS REGION 1 PERSON OF THE YEAR – “THE ONE”: Lana Duff, Operations Manager at Angel EMS
- DAVID LOFTIN PEDIATRIC CALL OF THE YEAR: Aaron Gaddis and Eric Mantooth of Hamilton EMS, Whitfield County
- TOMMY GAYLER MEDICAL CALL OF THE YEAR: Josh Everett and James Morris of Metro Atlanta Ambulance Service, Paulding County
- DR. RICHARD A GRAY EXCELLENCE IN TRAUMA AWARD: Andrew Burnette, Cathy Green and Aaron Freeman of Gilmer County Fire and Rescue
- DR. JAMES H CREEL, JR. PIONEER OF THE YEAR: Tony Cooper of Floyd EMS, based in Rome, Georgia
- DR. VIRGINIA HAMILTON SPECIAL ACHIEVEMENT AWARD: Dr. Rashi Gupta of Kennestone Medical Center and Dennis Kelly of Puckett EMS, North Georgia Division
- MIKE MILLER EMS EDUCATOR OF THE YEAR: Claudio Leyssens of Georgia Northwestern Technical College
- STANLEY PAYNE EMS LEADERSHIP AWARD: Carlton Firestone of AMBUCARE EMS, Haralson County
- EMS REGION 1 EMT OF THE YEAR: Samantha Kimball of AMBUCARE EMS, Haralson County
- DANNY HALL MEMORIAL PARAMEDIC OF YEAR: Tracy Turner of Bartow County EMS
- REGION 1 EMS SERVICE OF THE YEAR: Floyd EMS, based in Rome, Georgia
- DR. PAUL NASSOUR LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD: Don Taylor of Region 1 Honor Guard, Floyd EMS, based in Rome, Georgia
Many council members, loved ones, friends and associates were on hand to offer support to the award recipients for their achievements and well-deserved recognition.
Congratulations to all award recipients for their outstanding service to their communities.