A weekend fire at Jim’s Restaurant forced the business to be closed on Sunday and today.  According to reports from fire fighters a call came in regarding a fire at Jim’s late Saturday night / early Sunday morning. 

The fire began in an area around a dryer at the restaraunt, however Vicki Boyd with Jim’s Restaurant told AM 1180 that the dryer was not left on but that rags left in the dryer could have ignited causing the blaze.  A water hose burned through and put out the fire by the time most fire fighters had arrived according to local fire officials.  The building did receive smoke damage.

Owners say Jim’s Restaurant would be closed for about 2 weeks while the building is repaired.