A family’s home exploded yesterday in Calhoun. At around 3:30 p.m. Thursday, authorities said an explosion likely originating from a gas line malfunction leveled a home at the top of Saddle Brook Road.
A saving grace is that no serious injuries were reported and no one was killed.
Authorities are unsure if the early-afternoon explosion originated inside or outside the home.
Terry Mills, City of Calhoun deputy fire chief, said Atlanta Gas Light was investigating the underground gas lines, and the Georgia Bureau of Investigation will also be investigating.
One Calhoun resident told AM 1180 that the explosion rattled windows and knocked items off shelves several miles away from the blast.
RNT / Calhoun Times / AM 1180