Tommy Irvin, Georgia Agriculture Commissioner announced that he is recalling several meat products that may have a wheat ingredient that is not listed on the label. Westlake Food Corp., is recalling about 140,000 pounds of fully cooked assorted meat products because they contain wheat starch, which is an allergen for some people, not listed on the product label.
- The products being recalled are:
- 14-ounce packages of Gio Lua Tay Ho pork meat loaf wrapped in banana leaves fully cooked.
- 13-ounce packages of Bo Vien tay ho beef meat ball fully cooked.
- 14-ounce packages of Doi Gio heo tay ho cured pork hock sausage with onion wrapped in pork skin fully cooked.
- 15-ounce packages of Cha Chiien tay ho fried pork pattie fried in vegetable oil fully cooked.
- 13-ounce packages of Bo Vien gan tay ho beef meat ball with beef tendon fully cooked.
All the items were produced between April 15, 2009 and April 14, 2010.
Consumers with concerns about allergic reactions should contact their physician. Those with question should call Westlake Food at 714-973-2286.