Chattooga County Commissioner Jason Winters told AM 1180 that residents that have rental property available in Chattooga County should contact his office with information about vacant rental properties.

The commissioner’s office is seeking the information about vacant rental properties because rental assistance will be available.  Commissioner Winters said that within the next few days those displaced by the flood will be able to apply for rental assistance.

If you have rental property available, please contact the Commissioner’s office at 706-857-0700 or you can e-mail the commissioner’s office at