Fire crews were called out to a small fire at the corner of Commerce Street and Georgia Avenue in Summerville on Friday afternoon.  AM 1180 Chattooga County Radio spoke with a fire fighter who said that the fire may have been caused by someone flipping a cigarrette out the window where it landed in some dry mulch.  The fire was in the area of the control panel for the traffic light, however there was no damage.

The Summerville Fire Department was on a call at the time of the fire to a location on Back Berryton road where someone was burning outside.  Hays Prison Fire Crews responded to the call on Commerce Street. 

Local fire officials remind residents that all out door burning is prohibited at this time.  Chattooga County and Northwest Georgia are under a burn ban that went into affect May 1st.